Monday, October 14, 2013

Sabrina Samples, author of Wicked Souls

Author Bio:
Sabrina Samples lives in Ohio with her husband and daughter. She is hard at work on her second book, Hidden Secrets. She is going to School at Devry University for her Associates degree in Health information Technology and she is taking a few writing classes on the side.  

Title: Wicked Souls
Author: Sabrina Samples
ISBN: ISBN-13: 978-1481884501
      ISBN-10: 1481884506
Page count: 200
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Price: paperback- $9.60-$12
       Kindle- $7.99
 
Tell us about your book:
Imagine being told the life you thought you’d lived didn’t really happen. That your memories had been changed to protect you from evil.
Spencer Bishop is trying to remember who she really is. After being granted her memories back by an act of bravery, Aiden her true love and the Angels in Heaven try to get her to realise her true destiny and prevail over the evil that is set to destroy her and Heaven.

How long did it take to write the book?
7 Months from concept to publication

What inspired you to write the book?
I have always loved writing and have been doing it for close to 8 years. I finally decided to take the next step and get my work published.

Talk about the writing process. Did you have a writing routine? Did you do any research, and if so, what did that involve?
My writing process for this book started first with the concept and outline. My next step was to do research on names of angels and demons in the book. After that I tried to find a image of each character so I could give as much detail about them as possible. After that I began writing. As I wrote each scene I would listen to a specific playlist tailored to the emotion I was trying to convey. With all of the big scenes, such as the wedding, and the different memories, I would make a collage of everything I wanted to be in there. Different images, colors, the people, etc. With the story being broken up into 4 parts, after I would finish a part I would send it to my editor as I began the next part.

What do you hope your readers come away with after reading your book?
I only hope that my readers come away with a want to finish reading the series and maybe have a liking of my writing in general.


Excerpt from book:
~Prologue~

My hands began to shake as I looked down at my dress. It was a simple white dress with beading around the chest and a purple sash at the waist. I heard the wedding march begin. My Uncle James took my arm as we stood in line with the two bridesmaids standing before us with the groomsmen at their sides. The girls were in knee length purple halter dresses, the men in black tuxedos with a purple flower in the pocket. Slowly the couples began to walk down the aisle on the other side of the curtain. Once everyone was gone I heard the music signaling it was my turn to walk down the aisle. I grabbed my bouquet of purple and white flowers as I walked over to James. He gave me a hug and kissed my cheek, then linked his arm with mine as we walked through the curtain.
Standing before us was all of our friends and family. I could see David standing with the bridal party at the end of the aisle. They were standing along the skyline of the city which was lighting up for the evening. James and I walked towards David and the priest.
I made it down the aisle and I was standing in front of David who was watching me.
“Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here in the sight of God, and in this company, to join together this man and this woman in holy Matrimony. Into this holy estate these two persons present come now to be joined. If any man can show just cause why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him now speak, or forever hold his peace,” the Priest said. When no one contested the marriage he continued.  “I understand that the bride and groom have prepared their own vows. You may read them now.”
“Spencer, today I take you to be my wife. Together we will create a home, becoming a part of one another. I vow to help create a life that we can cherish, inspiring your love for me and mine for you. I vow to be honest, caring and truthful, to love you as you are and not as I want you to be, and to grow old by your side as your love and best friend.”
“David, today I take you for my husband. I promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to achieve all of your goals, laugh with you and cry with you, grow with you in mind and spirit, always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live.”
“Do you, Spencer, take David to be your lawfully wedded husband?” the priest asked.
“I do.”
“David, do you take Spencer to be your lawfully wedded wife?”
“I do.”
“I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride,” David stepped in and we kissed. Everyone began to clap and the wedding march started back up. We walked back down the aisle where a limo was waiting to drive us to the reception, along with the rest of the bridal party.
We made it to the reception hall after everyone had already arrived. We got out of the limo and the crowd waiting outside was cheering and blowing bubbles that were handed out. Once we took a few pictures with everyone we made our way inside of the hall. The tables were lined along the outskirts of the room, the dance floor in the center. The tables were covered in white tablecloths and purple napkins. At the center of every table was a glass bowl filled with lavender flowers submerged in water and two candles Next to the candles was a container which held a few bottles of champagne. Everyone took their seats and the waiters began to bring out the food. The plates each had butter poached lobster with foie gras. Once everyone was served Uncle James stood up to make a toast.
“May your dreams ride on the wings of angels who know their way home to the skies.” He paused for a moment. “That quote seemed to stick out in my mind when it comes to the two of you. I am happy to see the two of you so happy together. Spencer has been like a daughter to me since she was born. And today I give her to you, David. She is a rare flower; you had better treat her as such.” He picked up his glass “To the happy couple, may you live the rest of your life together in happiness. I love you both. Cheers.” 
 
Where can we go to buy your book?
Currently the book is available on amazon, barnes&noble, and createspace.

Any other links or info you'd like to share?Facebook: www.facebook.com/sabrinasamplesauthor
DeviantART: www.wickedsoulsbook.deviantart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment