Monday, September 30, 2013

C.L. Murphy, author of The Adventures of Lovable Lobo - Lobo Finds Bigfoot

Author Bio:
While new to the children's book writing and illustrating scene, C.L. has been doodling her way through life since she won a school wide poster contest in the third grade. She continues to hone her creative skills by writing, designing, drawing and painting.


Title: The Adventures of Lovable Lobo - Lobo Finds Bigfoot
Author: C.L. Murphy
ISBN: 978-0-988318731
Page count: 31 pages
Genre: Children's fiction picture book for ages 3-7 years
Price: .99
 
Tell us about your book:
There's something in the forest that smells very different to Lobo in his third adventure.  What could it be?  He discovers Squatchy, a little Bigfoot!  Squatchy leads Lobo and his little feathered sidekick, Roxy, to a clearing where they witness the Squatchy Stomp.  Stomp along to the beat just like the Bigfoots do!  Find Squatchy when he hides in the trees and learn the secret  Bigfoot signal!  BELIEVE!

How long did it take to write the book?
The series - The Adventures of Lovable Lobo is 13 years in the making, in my mind, that is. I have so many Lovable Lobo story ideas in line ready to jump onto the pages. Each story takes about 3 to 4 months to create.

What inspired you to write the book?
For inspiration, I didn't have to go any further than my own backyard.  I have raised a beautiful wolf for the last 13 years.  He is quite the character and I've always found it perplexing that most people fear him because of the way he looks…like a wolf.  Bad wolves exist in so many fairytales and movies, now days, and I wanted to portray a good wolf that is lovable with a few quirks. 

Talk about the writing process. Did you have a writing routine? Did you do any research, and if so, what did that involve?
Because I also illustrate the series, I usually start with creating a few pictures first.  When I begin I already know how I want the story to progress and I go from there. 

What do you hope your readers come away with after reading your book?
My books are just for pure entertainment  and enjoyment for young children.  If anything, perhaps "Don't prejudge and always be yourself."

Excerpt from book:
“Bigfoots stomp around the forest, looking for things to eat,” said Squatchy, as he stomped his feet. 
“Are you going to eat me?” asked Lobo, as he and Roxy hid behind a tree.
“No, I’m not going to eat you or your little bird friend,” said Squatchy. 

Where can we go to buy your book?
On the iBookstore for an iPad

Any other links or info you'd like to share?


No comments:

Post a Comment