Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Sherry Ellis, author of That Baby Woke Me Up, AGAIN!



Author Bio:
Sherry Ellis is also the author of That Mama is a Grouch.  She is also a professional musician who plays and teaches violin, viola, and piano.  Sherry lives in Loveland, Ohio with her husband and two children, who were late-night entertainers when they were babies.


Title: That Baby Woke Me Up, AGAIN
Author: Sherry Ellis
ISBN: 978-1419606168
Page count: 32
Genre: Children’s Picture Book
Price: $14.99

Tell us about your book:
That Baby Woke Me Up, AGAIN! is for all those bleary-eyed families who sincerely believe that they will never again enjoy a full night of sleep.  Seen through the eyes of an exhausted sibling, this book is guaranteed to bring a smile to even the most fatigued members of a sleep-deprived household.

How long did it take to write the book?
One week.

What inspired you to write the book?
Both of my kids were horrible sleepers.  One night, as I sat in the rocking chair with my son, who was about five months old at the time, a poem started going through my head.  It was the beginning of That Baby Woke Me Up, AGAIN.  Every time the kid woke me up, I added to it.  By the end of the week, the entire story was composed in my head.  I shared it with my daughter, and it was she who suggested I make it a book.   The rest is history. 

Talk about the writing process. Did you have a writing routine? Did you do any research, and if so, what did that involve?
I did not have a routine at the time I wrote the book.  I didn’t even know I wanted to be a writer.  This was the book that opened the door to a new career for me.

What do you hope your readers come away with after reading your book?
I hope that kids (and parents) will come away with the idea that the sleepless nights won’t last forever!


Excerpt from book:
I counted sheep,
I went to sleep,
Five, six, seven times;

And every time
that baby’s whine
woke me up AGAIN!


Where can we go to buy your book?
That Baby Woke Me Up, AGAIN! is available through Amazon, and through my website, www.sherryellis.org

Any other links or info you'd like to share?
My website is www.sherryellis.org, and my blog, Mama Diaries, is http://sherryellis.blogspot.com


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me as a guest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview, Sherry! Love the book trailer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a cute book. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your book sounds so adorable, Sherry. I can' t wait to read it. You were wonderful in the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool how this book is what made you realize you want to be a writer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everybody, for visiting! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete