Saturday, March 16, 2013

Amanda Litz, author of The Great Gumshoe

Author Bio:
Hello! I’m Amanda Litz, the author of The Traveler’s Trunk, The Great Gumshoe, and Sam and Pam series, and creator of Traveler’s Trunk Publishing. I am also a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers
and Illustrators.

I live with my husband and four children in Cedar Springs, MI. While I grew up in Michigan, I have lived in California, Texas, and Ohio, due to a brief tour in the U.S. Air Force. I’ve had a passion for reading, writing, and story telling for as long as I can remember. So, it is a dream come true that I am able to write and
publish my own children’s books now.

Being one of four children and having four children of my own I know how hard it can be for a kid to find their place in the family, and the world. With that in mind, the books I produce are designed to encourage
acceptance of differences, autonomy, and self-confidence, in addition to teamwork. I hope you enjoy my books!



Title: The Great Gumshoe: The Case of the Missing bear
Author: Amanda Litz
ISBN: 978-0-9841496-4-3
Page count: 32
Genre: Picture Book-Fiction
Price: $6.99


Tell us about your book:
Teddy is Missing! Charlotte can’t imagine her life without her best friend. She must get him back, so she enlists the aid of the most famous kid detective, the Great Gumshoe. Together they search the town for clues.
Will they find Teddy? Will Charlotte ever play with her best friend again? The Great Gumshoe must use all of his skills to track Teddy down.

This is a fun and fast paced detective story. In the 1930’s, there were no high-tech gadgets to unravel the mystery. The Great Gumshoe must rely on his magnifying glass, quick wit, and powers of observation to solve the case.

How long did it take to write the book?
The first draft only took a few hours to write back in 2008, but it got pushed back behind other projects. In early 2012, I dusted the story off, made a few revisions, and sent it off to an editor. I spent a few more hours on the story once I got it back from the editor, with several emails back and forth, and then it was done.

What inspired you to write the book?
When I was a little girl I used to watch classic movies with my mom, and I really enjoyed to simple storytelling of the black and white film era. It wasn't surprising to me when the idea for a classic film noir story came to mind and the Great Gumshoe was born.

Talk about the writing process. Did you have a writing routine? Did you do
any research, and if so, what did that involve?

There is nothing routine about my writing process. I have four kids, so it is hard to find quiet time to write. When I do find myself alone and able to write, I just sit down and go at it. I write furiously for as long as I
can, usually until my husband or one of my kids finds me, and then I'm done writing until the next time I can steal a quite moment to write. As far as research goes, the stories I have written so far were inspired by my past experiences, so there wasn't much need for research.

What do you hope your readers come away with after reading your book?
Really I just hope my readers come away from my book with a smile. I write to give joy to and inspire my readers. It's an added bonus if my book makes them want to read more stories, especially if they are mine.

Excerpt from book:
I'll never forget the day she walked into my life. The sun was hot, so I’d
stopped by the soda shop for a tall glass of root beer. I was sitting on a
stool reading the latest Batman comic. He was just about to catch the
Joker when I looked up and saw her standing there.

Where can we go to buy your book?
You can buy my book off my website at:
http://www.travelerstrunkpublishing.com/bookstobuy.html, or you can also find it on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Great-Gumshoe-Case-Missing/dp/0984149643/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1362596440&sr=8-2&keywords=amanda+litz

Any other links or info you'd like to share?
I'm am also running a crowdfunding campaign on IndeGoGo.com to get my books into more libraries. It is called 100 Libraries in 100 Days. For more information on how you can contribute and the fun perks you can get, go to:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/100-libraries-in-100-days/x/2091172.
This campaign will be running until June 9, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment